Financial Assistance Programme
The Financial Assistance Programme (FAP) was established by the Tobago House of Assembly (THA) in 1996, following the passage of the THA Act 40 of 1996. The overall strategy is to encourage tertiary education in Tobago and improve the human resource capacity of the labour force on the island.
The programme is geared towards decreasing financial barriers to tertiary education experienced by Tobago residents.
Financial Assistance may be awarded to cover:
- living expenses
- transportation (air or sea on a reimbursement basis)
- tuition (where applicable)
- other costs approved by the THA, intended to cover the period or part thereof
Applicants must be citizens of Trinidad and Tobago, resident in Tobago and be enrolled in or accepted at an accredited tertiary-level educational institution.
How to apply?
To access DATAS fillable Bursary & Grants Application Forms for financial assistance please use the following links below:
- Applicants must complete the form in CAPITAL LETTERS. A completed form and all supporting documents must be scanned and emailed to DATAS at firstname.lastname@example.org for pre-screening.
- To complete the application process an appointment will be scheduled.
- Applicants must present for verification a completed form, originals and supporting documents at the appointment.
Where can I find more information?
Additional information can be obtained by contacting/or visiting the: