Emergency Medical Alert Programme
The Emergency Medical Alert Programme is the first of its kind in the English-speaking Caribbean, and is available free of charge to residents of Tobago. The programme supports the elderly, differently abled and other vulnerable persons in Tobago by providing immediate access to emergency service providers through the activation of an Emergency Medical Alert device. The instrument is worn by recipients in and around their homes, and is triggered by one touch. Persons interested in acquiring the device must have a fixed telephone line installed at their home.
How it Works
Once the device assigned to a client has been activated, a call is initiated to the 211 Centre at the Tobago Information Technology Limited (TITL). The responding dispatcher then provides support contacting the necessary emergency services e.g. Fire Services, Tobago Emergency Management Agency (TEMA), Tobago Emergency Medical Services (TEMS), and/or the individual’s next of kin.
All applications are assessed based on the following:
- Category 1: Persons sixty (60) years and over;
- Category 2: Persons with medical conditions under (60) years;
- Category 3: Persons in vulnerable situations such as domestic disputes etc; and,
- Category 4: Differently-abled persons.
How to apply?
To access the Emergency Medical Alert Programme application form please use the following link below:
- In order to apply for assistance an application form must be completed and submitted to the Emergency Social and Medical Assistance Unit via the email address email@example.com or at the office located on the 1st floor of the Victor E. Bruce Financial Complex.
- Once approved the device is programmed by TITL and the applicant is contacted to collect same.
You are advised that an agreement is required to be signed by all recipients of the Emergency Medical Alert Device. Recipients are also asked to test the device by pressing the button on a monthly basis to ensure effective functioning.
Where can I find more information?
Additional information can be obtained by contacting/or visiting the: