In accordance with the provisions of Section 36 (3) (a) of the Tobago House of Assembly (THA) Act 40 of 1996, all Secretaries in the Executive Council of the THA vacated their office effective 12th May, 2020, upon the administering of the oath to the Chief Secretary, the Honourable Ancil Dennis, by Her Excellency Paula-Mae Weekes, President of the Republic of Trinidad and Tobago.
Pursuant to section 33 (1) (c) of the THA Act 40 of 1996, the Chief Secretary advised Her Excellency to appoint the following members as Secretaries of the THA, and they will be assigned the respective functions by the Chief Secretary, pursuant to Section 34 (1) of the THA Act 40 of 1996:
- Assemblyman Kelvin Charles – Secretary of Education, Innovation and Energy.
- Assemblyman Clarence Jacob – Secretary of Settlements, Urban Renewal and Public Utilities.
- Assemblyman Hayden Spencer – Secretary of Food Production, Forestry and Fisheries.
- Assemblyman Marslyn Melville-Jack – Secretary of Community Development, Enterprise Development and Labour.
- Assemblyman Jomo Pitt – Secretary of Sport and Youth Affairs.
- Councillor Tracy Davidson-Celestine – Secretary of Health, Wellness and Family Development.
- Councillor Kwesi DesVignes – Secretary of Infrastructure, Quarries and the Environment.
The Chief Secretary further advised Her Excellency, pursuant to section 37 B (1) of the THA Act 40 of 1996, to appoint Councillor Nadine Stewart-Phillips as Assistant Secretary. Pursuant to Section 34 (1) of the THA Act 40 of 1996, she will be assigned by the Chief Secretary to the Division of Health, Wellness and Family Development.
The Chief Secretary will also assume responsibility for the Division of Tourism, Culture and Transportation.