To provide an environment that promotes and supports holistic development and lifelong learning through relevant, innovative and well conceived educational, sporting and youth oriented programmes, thus enabling all persons to achieve their full potential as productive citizens.
An effective and professional organization committed to the optimal intellectual, physical and social development of its clientele.
The Division of Education, Innovation and Energy is mandated to provide access to educational institutions and programmes in Tobago, including quality early childhood, primary and secondary education, to achieve the holistic development of the child. The Division is also responsible for providing efficient service and support systems for Tobago's youth, through social education and holistic development so as to empower and maximise potential. The provision and maintenance of sporting facilities, as well as the development of sporting programmes and support to sporting organisations is also under the remit of the Division.
DEPARTMENT OF EDUCATION
The Department of Education is responsible for the management of all schools in Tobago in areas such as curriculum implementation, school supervision, school nutrition, special education, student support services and education extension services.
The Department of Education is located at:
- School Supervision: 299-0781 Ext. 3076 / 3079
- Multicultural Education Unit: 299-0781 Ext. 3117 / 3118
- School Nutrition Unit: 299-0781 Ext. 3125 / 3123 /3124
- Tobago Science Centre: 299-0781 Ext. 3119
- Research Unit: 299-0781 Ext. 3062
- Examinations: 299-0781 Ext 3068-3070
- Student Support Services: 299-0781 Ext. 3112 / 3113 / 3114 / 3115 / 3116
DEPARTMENT OF YOUTH AFFAIRS
The Department of Youth Affairs aims to provide efficient service and support systems for Tobago's youth, through social education and holistic development so as to empower and maximize potential.
The Department of Youth Affairs is located at:
- District Servicing Unit: 299-0781 Ext. 3077 / 3103 / 3106 / 3107
- Tobago Youth Development Institute (TYDI):
- Project Implementation Unit: 299-0781 Ext. 3102 / 3103 / 3104 / 3105 / 3106
DEPARTMENT OF SPORT
- Shaw Park Sporting Complex: Tel:639-2071, Fax: 660-7025
- Cyd Gray Sporting Complex: 660-6362
The Library Services Department is the designated body within the Tobago House of Assembly responsible for the management, coordination and development of library services in Tobago.
|Scarborough Library FacilityGarden Side Street,
|Tel: 639-3635, 3593, 2256, 3433, 635-2991Fax: 639-2256
Monday to Thursday: 8.00 am to 4.15 pm
Friday: 8.00 am to 4.00 pm
Monday to Friday: 8.30 am to 6.00 pm
Saturday: 8.30 am to 2.00 pm
|Roxborough Library24A Bloody Bay Road,
|Tel / Fax: 660-4403Library Hours:
Monday: 11:00 am to 5:00 pm
Tuesdays to Thursdays: 9:00 am to 6:00 pm
Fridays: 9:00 am to 5:00 pm
|Charlotteville LibraryCorner New and Church Streets,
|Tel / Fax: 660-5311Library Hours:
Monday to Fridays: 9:00 am to 6:00 pm